|WUMA LEARNING CURVE
Getting sponsorship is world renowned for being the hardest job of any sportsperson, even if you get sponsorship you still have to
keep them happy that their money has been well spent on a true athlete who is humble, respectful and most of all talented.
As in anything we do in life one needs to package a sponsorship request in a way that the sponsor would like to see, here are some
1. Do your research i.e. look at other sportspersons who already have local sponsorship, other sports must be taken into account..
2. Pull the local telephone directories out and make a small database or list on companies or firms to forward your request.
3. Prepare your paperwork i.e. Provide a good CV. photo copy your awards i.e. your grades, paper reports and write-ups of
WHAT INFORMATION IS MOST IMPORTANT TO ADD WITHIN A REQUEST FOR SPONSORSHIP?
4. The Company Director on opening your envelope would read your introductory letter explaining who you are and why you are
PACKAGING YOUR SPONSORSHIP REQUEST
5. Package the paperwork by how much you can afford, for a cheap and easy way just photo-copy the information smaller
6. If you can afford to then package the paperwork into a folder or a presentable file, the work you do on the representation will
HOW MANY SPONSORSHIP REQUESTS SHOULD I MAKE?
7. 50 requests I suggest should be a minimum, 200 if you really want to up your chances however the costs can then be high.
WHO SHOULD I FORWARD MY SPONSORSHIP REQUESTS TO?
8. Send to all the companies you or your family have ever dealt with to start, then the large companies from the telephone books
ANOTHER WAY OF EARNING SPONSORSHIP FOR YOUR NEXT TRIP!
9. Make a sponsor form on your home computer for the ideas below, collect from family, friends and local businesses.
(a) Sponsored Kumite - A 25, 50 or 100 round spar with club members.
(b) Sponsored Walk
(c) Sponsored Run
(d) Sponsored Skip
(e) Sponsored Exercise
(f) Sponsored Coffee morning
(g) Sponsored Car Boot
(h) Sponsored Garage Sale
(J) Sponsored World Record - THE MAIN ONE OF ALL (As the WUMA are bringing in World Records for Martial Artists)
BUSINESSES THAT SPONSOR YOU CAN CLAIM IT BACK OFF THEIR TAX
THE SECRET OF GETTING A SPONSOR IS KEEPING THEM